A 90s German girl who moved to London in the summer of 2019 to be with the man she loves. An outdoor and adventure enthusiast who will never stop exploring. A part-time wanderer & full-time foodie who is convinced that wine & cheese are a match made in heaven. A hopeless dreamer driven by an insatiable curiosity and unrealistic expectations about life.
My story in 10 bullet points
• Grew up in a tiny town in Bavaria
• Moved to Hamburg to become a musical performer
• Graduated in 2015 from LMU Munich with a Bachelor’s degree in English Studies (funny how I just realised that even my bachelor thesis was all about travelling: Tropical Getaways, Heavenly Cobalt Blue Oceans and Golden-Sand Beaches. How Language Creates Paradise.)
• Graduated in 2017 from LMU Munich with a Master’s in American History, Culture and Society (oh, and apparently my master thesis as well: ‘I want to travel to Cuba before they ruin it.’ Is Cuba really heading towards an Americanization?)
• Lived a few months in California & Kaua’i during my semester breaks
• I do freelance work as a content creator, translator and fair & event hostess since 2014 and these jobs actually enable me to go to really cool places! The best experience so far had been the 24 hours race of Le Mans where I first enjoyed a petit déjeuner while watching the sun rise up above the Eiffel Tower and then met Jason Statham!
• I used to write guest articles for the German travel blog BRAVEBIRD
• Completed a traineeship in one of Germany’s leading Tourism & Lifestyle PR Agencies
• I used to be a cheerleader back in Munich for 8 basketball seasons
• Moved to London in the summer of 2019 and can’t wait to explore the UK
Why the heck does this girl love travelling so much?
Once you step out of your comfort zone and start exploring the world, you want it all. I bet you’re familiar with this feeling. This tingling sensation in your tummy when you’re about to embark on a new exciting adventure into the unknown. It’s really hard for me to put this incredible feeling into words, so I sat down with a nice glass of Chardonnay and compiled a small list of what makes travelling so special to me:
That moment when you leave the plane and step on new territory for the first time, unforgettable encounters with locals, the endless sense of freedom, rainbows, scuba diving, climbing behind waterfalls, the sound of waves, the smell of summer rain, roaring summer storms on tropical islands, setting up my hammock in the craziest spots, watching shooting stars, bonfires on the beach, microadventures in the English countryside, glamping, boutique hotels, delicious street food and deep midnight conversations with strangers who share the same opinion about life.
9 to 5 has never been an option.
Take your chances, dare to DREAM BIG and don’t let anybody tell you what you should or shouldn’t do. Discover as much as you can and make the most of your life. Deep down in my heart I always knew that an average 9 to 5 job wasn’t meant for me – average salary, average days of annual leave, average life. Just the single thought of what incredible things I could possibly miss out on drove me insane. None of my dreams and desires would become reality if I continued sitting behind that desk.
I don’t want to wait until I hit retirement age only to find out that it’s too late now anyways. Who knows if I’ll still be around at 65? Life can be unpredictable sometimes, so we shouldn’t waste our precious time on earth waiting for the ‘perfect moment’. Honestly: Do you want to look back on your life and constantly ask yourself “What if…?”. Do you want to worry about all of the wasted opportunities, the amazing things you could have done but didn’t do and then think to yourself: “If only I had…?”
We should only regret the chances we didn’t take and never miss a chance of living every moment of our precious lives to the fullest. One day, I will tell my grandchildren about my journeys and adventures – with a huge smile on my face and a sparkle in my eyes.
One day, I want to look back upon my life and proudly say to myself:
WOW, I can’t believe I did all of that!
I hope you enjoy this corner of the internet and MissTravelTheWorld inspires you to sail away from the safe harbour & explore this awesome world with me.